Comparison of Human and Chimp Chromosomes (Grades 9-12)
- Present-day species evolved from earlier species; the relatedness of organisms is the result of common ancestry.
- All organisms, including humans, retain evidence of their evolutionary history.
- Similarities among existing organisms provide evidence for evolution.
- All life forms use the same basic DNA building blocks.
- Scientists use the similarity of DNA nucleotide sequences to infer the relatedness of taxa.
Grade Level: 9-12
Time: One to two class periods
Teacher Background: Explore these links for additional information on the topics covered in this lesson:
Teaching Tips: Recommended for more advanced students.